From:
"Mark Sonder, CSEP" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2008 12:34:54 -0400
[Posted to FML by request. FML not initially included in *some* of
this. BIG]

Thank you Ron. We do not expect to be getting another fert. We cannot
imagine there will ever be a replacement for our beloved little
Blizzard. We are now taking some pills to try to calm us down. It is
very sad. We took off for 2 weeks to go to the beach, to leave our
house where there are so many memories. The beach is not helping us,
as when we use to walk on the beach.he walked with us. When we swam,
although not a big fan of it, he swam with us. But.we are trying.

I do not know how all the other people on this chat room do it when you
have lost your babies. Obviously, you are much stronger than we are. We
tip our hats to all of you for your strength. And we continue to thank
you for giving us the strength going through this. At least we are
still here. Blizzard is not.

I do have one rant in what happened in Blizzard's situation and so many
babies that I read about. We, the "un-professionals," at least in so
far as being trained in the veterinary arts, are left to give
"professional" medical treatments while we are losing our minds when
our babies are sick. We stay up every night doing shifts so someone can
be awake and with our ferts 24/7. We even enlist the assistance of our
more knowledgeable ferret friends to come over and help (just like
Linda's ferret Denver I just read about). Of course we are calling the
doctor daily and seeing them (the doctors) every other day, but these
guys (ferrets) seem to deteriorate really fast. So fast that much can
happen in just 24 hours. And when it is all over we are just spent,
have lost 10 lbs, have a huge headache and we had the EASY part as our
counterpart (our ferrets) have gone through the pain and suffering of
dying.

IF, our ferrets were humans, and Blizzard was more human than many
so-called humans, he would be in a hospital right away getting 24/7
care in an intensive care unit until his good health would return.
This seems to be a prolific problem with today's medical world we
live in, at least in the USA and at least for ferrets. I do not have
a resolution for this problem.
-Just my 2 cents.

Mark Sonder, CSEP
Chief Entertainment Officer
Mark Sonder Productions, Inc.
540-636-1640
<http://www.marksonderproductions.com>
author, "Event Entertainment and Production" (Wiley 2004)