From:
Debra Thomason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 09:57:59 -0500
>I was wondering if <snip> if there are any city laws in Lakeland (FL).

Here is a link to the Animals chapter of the Code of Ordinances for the
city of Lakeland, FL.
http://livepublish.municode.com/6/lpext.dll?f=templates&fn=main-j.htm
&vid=10955

As you can see there is precious little to it.  They don't even mention
dogs or cats, much less ferrets.  And the only wild animals (since some
places misclassify ferrets) mentioned are birds.

You might also consider calling the animal control department (police in
many cases) to see what they will tell you.  I have found that the AC
folks "policy" may often be different than the published code.  While
you'd win in court if a conflict arose, that could be expensive and
possibly dangerous to your ferrets.  It's always good to know where you
stand.

Debra in Fort Worth