From:
meagan quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 02:38:50 EST
ok--i need help.

i tried really hard to make gravy for the second time, but i guess i was a
bit more cocky than i should have been.  I was positive that i would be
fine and they would love it as much as they loved it the first time..but
i was very very wrong.

can anyone help? or do i need to re-grind and begin again!?

i made the gravy according to directions.  I decreased the amount of kibble
by 1/4 cup (intention was to decrease again next time and eventually remove
from the mix).

I am pretty sure i added too much water.  My housemate was trying to
help me and added the rest of it--but i didn't think it made much of a
difference.  I just tried to keep it on the stove longer to evaporate the
water.  but it took forever, i fell asleep and mike packaged in tupperware
for me... but get this: it is all seperated.

- there is a layer of fat on the top.
- msuhy stuff (prob. oil and gravy together)
- then the chicken/mush.

i dn't get it.  i tried to mix, heat up and give.  they hated it.  so i
boiled it to evaporate the excess water (there was a lot.  i don't know
where it was coming from) now it is over cooked and smells liek nasty wet
catfood.  blech.

i was smart enough to only do this last step to a small portion of the
chicken...but i don't know what to do now!  it is so weird!

if i add more ferretone they will eat if forced...but there is soemthing
wrong.  Keera WAS obsessed with the gravy.  she even sat inthe kitchen
waiting for it this evening--but she won't eat it unless i force her.
what to do what to do...

any help??
please???

meg...banging her head against a wall b/c she is an idiot.
and keera..acting like she is gonna starve if she doens't get the OLD
gravy back.