Date:
Sun, 27 Sep 1998 16:31:39 +0000
Hello all,

For a while i was a regular reader and often imput onto the ferret digest.
My farret was diagnosed with Adrenal (cushions dease) dease.  She had
slowly been going down hill.  I noticed it, but i was a new owner and also
i didn't want to hear the truth.  I had her checked and was told the only
thing i could do was to have the surgery which would cost me a whopping
$300.  I couldn't afford to have that done, so in july i had to have my
baby zaidy put to sleep.  I was a horrible experiance (the putting her to
sleep).  for more reasons then one.  I don't beleive the vet dealt with
putting her down very well at all.  He could have certainly done it better.
But needless to say it was a tramatic experience.  Zaidy died sooner then
expected after putting her down.  She died in my hands.  I never thought
that i would feel that way about losing a ferret.  I loved her, but i
didn't think i would go into hysterics about it.  I cried for several
hours.  It was a hard loss for me, and i hope i never have to go through
that again.  I recently moved to kentucky for college, but unfortunatly
they don't allow pets in the dorm room, or i would have another little
fuzzy just as soon as i could find one.  I have just recently began reading
the issues because before it was hard for me to read them and not think
about all that happend.

I am hoping to get an appartment soon and was wondering if anyone knew of
any ferrets (need a home) or ferret shelters in the louisville kentucky
area that i could get a ferret.  I don't have alot of money but can provide
a good home for.

Hillary