From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 12:35:15 -0400
>From:    Randy <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Baby food ok?
>Hi, Does anyone know if it is okay to give ferrets baby food as a treat?

Our shelter recommends CHICKEN baby food as a treat.  Why?  When the time
comes that a ferret won't eat for whatever reason (illness, surgery, etc.),
it won't be a battle to get nourishment into them if they already think of
chicken baby food as a treat.  .

Besides, I don't think you can give them any other treat that is as good f
or them.  It's certainly way ahead of raisins, nutrical or other things we
normally think of as treats.  All of mine love it and I have no guilty
feelings giving it to them.

Oddly enough, Penny, our six month old who is our little garbage disposal
and will eat just about anything, initially turned up her nose to the baby
food.  I was in shock that there was something edible that she wouldn't eat!
But, after a few times, she got used to it and laps it up with the best of
them.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue
*
* Visit our web site:  http://www.miamiferret.org