From:
Lynn Foster or Chris Stephenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 18:16:29 -0400
Dear FML:

Just a quick note to bring you all up to speed on what has transpired on
this case.  The 19 year old woman involved is still in jail.

The two small children are with responsible family members and the ferret
is dead.

I have been in contact with the officer, Dave Perry, whose case this is -
and I will be talking with him again next week.  I have indicated to him
that I will be following this case through to the end to make sure that
this woman is never allowed to own animals again.

This is a lengthy procedure in Canada as it could easily take a year before
this comes to trial.  I am prepared to attend ALL court procedings and will
be getting the information on upcoming dates from Detective Perry next week.

I will also be finding out who the Crown Attorney is who will be assigned
this case and making an appointment to see that person to introduce myself
and make my intentions clear.

I will keep you all advised and if and when I need you to make a fuss I
will let you all know.  Suffice it to say that I will be doing this under
the auspices of Ferret Aid and will be making sure that Randy Belair, our
President, is appraised of the proceedings.

I am away from my PC next week, on holidays in the Muskokas, where my
ferrets love to swim in the lake and dig in the dirt of the forest.  I
only wish that nameless little fuzzie could have been afforded the same
love and care.

Give your little ones an extra hug today.

Lynn