From:
Lee McKee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 1996 14:56:05 EST
Another unseasonably warm day in the recently liberated state of
Massachusetts, so Mark and I saddle up the ferrets for a jaunt outside.
They're so excited, they spend much of the time running up to our
shoulders and down again, and staring up at the sky as flocks of squeaky
toys fly overhead.

Hey, but what's this?  Errata has something in her mouth.  Is it a leaf?  A
cat doodoo?  No, it's a ....  KIBBLE!  (There are no dogs at this address.)
And now, Francine has found one, as well.  As we continue to brush-hog with
the ferrets, they find five more.

So, Bob, kibble may not grow wild in the High Sierras, but they may be found
in the lower altitudes, in the birch-boxwood ecology near the Hub of the
Universe.  And in apparently high enough densities to support a small
population of Mustela pamperius.

We're applying for a grant to continue this important field research.  We
need to expand our territory of study, to at least the Boston Common.  If
large enough deposits are found, we may apply for a mining patent, which we
hear we can pick up from the Federal Government for about $0.02/acre.  This
may be the Miracle Massachusetts needs.

                      ____________________________

MASS FRIENDS MEETING

On another note, Bay Staters should note that on March 23 (next Saturday) at
1:30 pm, the Mass Friends of the Domestic Ferret Group will be having its
first formal organizational meeting in Framingham.  We will be electing
officers, looking the the proposed bylaws, and so forth so that we can
become a bona-fide tax-deductible, fundraising, and shelter-supporting
organization.  Please attend.  E-mail me or Sharon Burbine
([log in to unmask]) for directions.

Later,
        Lee