From:
Marylou Matthews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 1996 11:10:35 -0500
Recently I made a startling discovery - my adopted ferret,Rascal(2 year old
sable female), is missing her lower four incisor teeth!  Has anyone ever
heard of a genetic factor that might be the cause?  Rascal was abused by the
hyper acting little boy she lived with when she was 7 weeks old until I
adopted her in October..  The boy pulled her tail, picked her up by her
tail, then drop her behind a radiator.

When I adopted Rascal, along with her brother Bandit,I never checked their
teeth, they where and remain the picture of healthy ferrets.  I had them
both to my vet's office for a checkup when Rascal had a wheezing sound to
her breathing.  My vet didn't notice the missing teeth.

I'm interested in knowing if the missing teeth could be a genetic thing
although I suspect trauma was factor.

mlm