From:
brendasteinfurth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 20:35:16 -0400
This is in response to the post regarding the Merck Vet Manual at www
merckvetmanual.com.  I don't know how much stock I would put in this, as
while I was browsing through, I found on one of the pages where it said
that ferrets eat a mixture of commercial dog & cat food.  Now, I don't
know about you guys, but no way would I feed my boys dog food.  They do
eat Kitten Chow, only because they wouldn't eat the ferret food that was
bought for them, and one of them almost starved himself before we
realized why he wasn't eating.  It also says in this manual that optimum
temperature for them is between 40-65 degrees F.  I'm not an expert, but
I don't think so.  Anyone else who has browsed through this website have
any comments?

ferretmommy