From:
"Patricia L. Hansen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 20:35:31 EDT
Hello FMLers!

Here is some good news for non profit shelters!

Today my company, Allstate Insurance, gave their 1999 United Way
presentation to my office in San Francisco.  I was very surprised to learn
that I can direct my United Way contributions to a ferret shelter.  I just
have to complete the payroll deduction form with the name and address of
the ferret shelter to which I wish to donate.  Allstate will even pay the
administrative fees so the shelter will get the entire amount.

My co-workers have always delighted with my ferret stories and photos.  To
my surprise, several have agreed to direct their contributions to ferret
shelters also.  Whether you give $1.00 a week or more, Allstate will send
the entire amount to the designated shelter.  For donations less than $20 a
week, they will send the funds once a quarter.  For large donations,
Allstate will match the funds up to 20%.  We ARE the good hands people
after all!!

If your company participates in the United Way, check with them to see if
they will also do this.  And for any of you that work for Allstate, this is
a good way to get your contributions sent to some of our shelters!

Pat Hansen