From:
Deanna Dean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 1997 16:19:10 -0500
Stinky is in having exploratory surgery as I write this.  I talked with a
lady online last night and she suggested I try some Vaseline to help Stink
pass what ever was in her, if you are part of the FML thank you, I'll be
writing soon to update you like you asked.  I tried to give Stinky duck soup
and pedialite as well as plain old water she wouldn't take anything and when
I forced her to take it she only threw it up a few minutes later.  This
morning she was no better so I called my vet, they refused to see her..  to
make a long story short I think it was because of money.  Anyway, I tried
everyone and anyone I could think of for the name of a good vet, someone
from Frisky Ferrets Shelter (I think that is who I finally was able to talk
with) suggested a place in NH, I'm from MA.  That's were she is now, the Dr.
ran some blood test to rule out any other problems but everything came back
fine he said.  He also did an x-ray that showed a lot of stomach
gas/irritant but no actual objects.  The Dr. seemed to know what he was
talking about and I feel comfortable with him so I followed his suggestion
of exploratory surgery because the way he explained it to me was that there
still could be a blockage that just isn't showing up on the x-ray.  Quite
common in ferrets he said, it would have to be a metal object to see it.
But then I'm thinking how did he see her stomach gas etc.?  BTW her body
temp was 99.3, the vet seemed to think that wasn't very good he would rather
she had a fever to indicate a battle going on in her body instead of a lower
temp inticating her body was giving up.

He did say that he wouldn't wait even over night as she wouldn't make it
that long in his opinion.

Wish us luck,
Deanna