From:
katharine long <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 09:37:46 EST
>From:    Gene Gomes <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Leash for small neck?
>I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea for a leash for my female
>ferret that has a small neck.

After spending a small fortune on collars, leashes, etc. I finally found
the perfect one!!  It is a figure 8 harness made by Premiere.  I got it at a
pet supply store.  It is adjustable, can be undone with one hand and comes
as small as a micro size!!!  Very small babies (probably under 2 lbs) can
use the micro, larger than that probably need the small.  Never once have I
had a ferret get out of it.  Of course, they act like I have tortured them
when I put it on.  Lily actually pretends she can't walk as if the weight is
just too much.  You can also get matching 4-6' leashes and they're not huge,
only about 1/2", very ferret sized.

I only put these on when we're going to play in the yard or when we go
somewhere.  When they used to wear them all the time, Lily got a very
irritated neck (it wasn't on too tight).  So, no more wearing in the house.

By the way, I'm still waiting to hear if anyone knows if there's a problem
with diluting Nutri-Cal and Laxatone with water and dissolving in the
microwave.  They sure do like it that way.

     Katharine, Lily, and Lany