From:
Kristina Borgstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2009 23:44:35 -0800
I have an internet friend named Chee in Kona. She lives on a coffee
plantation and has many wild animals in her area. Her pet mongoose Miu
was found on the side of the road as an abandoned baby. Momma was most
likely smooshed by a car. Chee has has Mui for a few years and treats
it like we all do our ferrets. It has a special stuffed toy it carries
around and plays with. Miu enjoys the cats as friends. Miu has a cage
and eats quality cat food. A highlight for Miu is when the wild turkeys
come through the yard. Miu balances on his tail like a tripod and
watches intently out the window at them.

Mongooses were brought over to handle the rat problem brought over on
cargo ships. Rats are nocturnal, Mongooses are diurnal so they missed
each other and both species flourished.

Chee came to Dallas, where I was living in 05-07, for a karate
convention. I invited her over and she was ecstatic to meet a ferret. I
had just Ivan and Django at the time,who have both passed in the last
3 months. She was astounded at the similarities. She brought me coffee
and macadamia nuts and we became fast friends. Here is their myspace
address.

http://www.myspace.com/miuboy

Kristina Borgstrom