From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 09:00:38 -0500
I am having a bit of a puzzle with my one sprite Giesela.  She seemed to be
trying to throw up one night.  When she does this she usually gets into a
plastic bag, under something etc.  in what I'm assuming is an effort to
"run away" or "hide" from the discomfort as she does appear to be in some
distress when this happens.  I of course ran her down for barium x-rays
which didn't show any specific problem.  I have been dosing with cat lax
more liberally since.  However I hear her in the plastic bags a lot more
frequently (like when I'm laying in bed or watching TV I'll hear in
rattling around in a different room).  She does not normally just hang
around playing in these things so I'm thinking she still doesn't feel quite
right.  She's not producing anything and I haven't heard any retching - but
my somethings wrong meter is on alert.

Do barium x-rays show gastric ulcers?  This is the only thing I can think
of.  She does not seem to be pawing at her mouth.  She is eating, drinking
and pooping ok.  (She seems to be drinking more water so I had a blood test
done with the x-rays but the bloodwork was ok as well.) History: Giesela
had blockage surgery about 2 years ago and has been the occassional puker
since then (poor girl has a huge stack of x-rays).  My vet is not the most
knowledgeable.  When she was blocked the x-rays didn't show it so I don't
necessarily trust them.

Any other ideas?  Experience with ulcers?

Thanks
Mary, Giesela (mom constantly worries about me!) Boris and Booker the dog