From:
Ken meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 19:46:36 -0800
Howdy Ferret folks,

I am in serious trouble here, and need your help.  This will be a long one,
so bear with me.

Last Monday, Quasimoto, my 4YO MF sable, went in to the vets for his Rabies
(IMRAB) shot.  No reaction was seen.

On Tuesday he received his distemper (Ferrvac) shot, again with no
reaction.  While we were in the office, Quasi consumed a large quantity
of F:IVD Vetrinary formula feline treats.

On Thursday Quasi came down with green slime poops.  This is a ferret that
has not had contact with any other animal or ferret.  I know for sure he
was exposed to ECE as a kit, but never contracted it.

The vet does not know what to do.  He has been sick for 6 days now.  At
first we thought it was a delayed reaction to the shots, or an upset tummy
due to the strange treats.  It has now gone on too long for that.  We are
keeping him hydrated with 20 cc's of water every 2 hours.  This is given
from the finger or gently with a needleless syringe.  Every four hours he
is given chicken baby food from the finger, in small amounts.

On Monday he vomited for the 1 and only time after being fed.  He also
urinated on my lap, this is UNHEARD OF for this little guy.

The vet has us giving him 5 mil of Pepto Bismol 2x per day, but otherwise
is at a loss as to what to do.  She is trying desperately to keep the cost
down as we were both just layed off, and she is part of a corp (VCA), so
she cannot run an account.

HELP.  I am sitting here with a little guy that has been sick for 6 days,
and is grinding his teeth (I know that means discomfort or nausea).  This
poor guy is wrapped in a towel in our laps, and he has NEVER liked to be
held.  His little eyes are barely open.

We are scared to death.  We will do anything we can to save Quasi, but need
a place to start, we just can't afford to do any random tests.

Any ideas?  We live in DE on the MD/DE line.  We are considering driving
him down to Dr. Williams if we have to.  Does anyone have a vet near us
that is great with ferrets.

Please help us save our son. (SOS)

Kens

=====