From:
Inge Nespolon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 14:19:41 -0400
Yesterday Julie wrote:

>If I were a ferret, and I had two choices: Housed inside the home,
>eating kibble, sleeping in soft blankets and hammies, being a part of
>the family -loved, spoiled, knowing my human was in the next room, and
>living for 5-6 years but maybe having to face an adrenal surgury during
>that time, or being housed outside, in a hutch, sleeping in straw,
>exposed to the elements, fed a raw or natural diet, stuck behind the
>house with love and interaction lasting for a few minutes to an hour
>or so a day, but living to 8-9 years of age, guess which ferret I'ld
>rather be?"

I just want people to realize that feeding raw can be done with ferrets
that live indoors.  I would hope no one would opt for not feeding raw for
this reason.

My ferrets are fed raw and enjoy all the luxuries described above.  They
sleep in hammies as well as our beds and sofas and have soft blankets.
They are free roam during the day and enjoy playing and interacting with
us and each other in sunny rooms.  When darkness falls, they go to sleep
in their room with no artificial light turned on.

And in case anyone is wondering, no I do not have rotting meat all over
the house due to their diet.  There are ways to be creative about feeding
raw in the house.

Inge