From:
Jennifer Morlanne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 1995 19:26:54 EST
I need some medical advice from those of you with experience and of course
our resident vets.  I have a 2.5 year old MF male ferret.  He's been passing
EXTREMELY dark urine that is the color of coke and very cloudy.  Well, I
took him and a urine sample to the vet.  She says that there are red and
white blood cells, so it looks like an infection.  She put him on Clavamox
for 1 week and NO change.  We took another sample of urine and found the
same with bacteria.  We changed antibiotics to Tribrissen (no side effects
at all - and you can be sure I was watching with an eagle eye :-) ).  That
was last week and still no change.  She says the next step is to inject some
dye and do some x-rays to see if there are tumors or something going on
inside.  During all this Ronnie has been very active, eating, playing just
like normal.  Has anyone ever seen this type of situation and can give me
some advice.

To Troy Lynn (I think):
You posted a few issues back saying you had one ferret that had Insulinoma
but had it controlled by diet only.  One of my kids has recently been
diagnosed with Insulinoma (no seizures or anything, just a low blood
glucose after a 4 hour fast) and I want to help keep her controlled without
resorting to drugs.  Can you advise me on your diet for your ferret?

Thanks in advance to everyone.

Jennifer
   &
Ronnie (Mom I will NOT PEE in a cup AGAIN!!!!)