From:
Adrienne Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 1996 10:45:58 -0400
Greetings

Willie is sick.  He seems to have some sort of upper respiratory infection.
He sleeps all day, and wakes up with a moist wheezy, cough.  He does eat and
drink normally.  I took him to the vet, who prescribed amoxi-drops.  He said
he might have a cold.  My question, does anyone have any other suggestions
that might help him?  He sounds terrible, And I thought someone mentioned a
while back that you could use a gerbil medicine for respiratory problems on
ferrets.

Ferrets and Rodents.  This is a difficult myth to turn people around on.  I
think it must have started with the Rikki Tikki Tavi movie.  The same one
that at least half of the people who buy ferrets seem to name their first
after (including myself).  When Rikki Tikki Tavi attacks the mother snake,
the chattering sounded realistic.  But when the mongoose shows those vicious
looking teeth, guess what they look like?  Bugs bunny teeth!  I rented this
for my nieces to watch (yeah right ) a few weeks ago.

Oscar has a new favorite past time.  He will hunt my SO down and begin to
lick his shins.  If he tries to walk away, Oscar grabs his ankle in a semi
bear hug an bites down hard.  As soon as the calf stops moving, he begins to
lick again.  We are thinking about getting Oscar a salt lick as an
occasional treat.  He seems to have a need for the sodium for one reason or
another.  Has anyone else tried this?

Ferret songs.  I have Rikki on video dooking & dancing ferret style, and the
song in the background was "California Nights" by Sweet.  If you don't know
how the song goes, the chorus lyrics :

  Everybody's dancin' , California nights!
  Summer in the city, California nights!
  Movin through to morning, California nights!
  California never go away, I'm here to stay

 (I had to improvise on the last two lines)
This was completely accidental, we just happened to have the Sweet CD in and
this was the song that was on.  [Yes, I admit it, I bought the Best Of Sweet
CD.]  When Willie gets better, I plan on recording him to the tune of Little
Willie.  This is the song I sing to him during play time.

That's all for now

Adrienne