From:
Carol J Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2008 21:13:03 -0700
One point that may be a factor in the nail clipping debate is the
instrument used to clip the nails. There are cute plastic ferret
grooming sets sold with the scissors type clipper as well as little
similar ones for cats. But I find those awkward and perhaps dangerous
especially to the back paws, where the pad juts out more that on the
front paws. All it takes is a good standard nail clipper, Revlon is my
favorite. They are good and sharp, easy to hold. I use the larger size
but either is good. Sit down in good light, put on your glasses, apply
Ferretone and clip away. I always carry a clipper with me when picking
up ferrets.

Carol J. Owens
Ferret Friends, Inc.
Tucson AZ