From:
James Makowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Dec 1994 09:15:03 -0500
Hello all.  I believe all or most of you have the Ferret FAQ.  If you
don't, then I suggest you get it right away.  It is chock full of good
tips for training and caring for your little fuzzy.

I want to give a huge THANK YOU VERY MUCH to the writers and contributors
of the Ferret FAQ.  Since I have gotten it it has been a wealth of
additional information that supplements the book I received with my
little bundle of fun.

Last night, for the first time, I tried clipping her nails.  Well, she
would have none of that!!!  She twisted and turned while my fiance held
her and I ocassionally felt I was holding her paw too tight to stop her
from reclaiming it.  Anyway, my fiance pipes up and says "Why don't you
use that trick from the FAQ.  The one where you put the Ferretone on her
belly."  (I think the FAQ suggested putting it on _my_ belly, but an FML
member mentioned putting it on the ferrets belly.)

Being the skeptic, I relunctantly did so.  Well, lo and behold Nibbles
sat there licking the Ferretone off her belly and didn't seem to mind me
cutting her nails.  (That is until the ferretone ran out and we had to
apply more.  :)  )  I thought the story in the FAQ was meant to be purly
humorous, but I see that it held intrinsic value.  Whoever thought of
doing that should be raised on a pedestal.  (Just not high enough that
their fuzzy can't climb up to them. ;) )  They sure made this Doubting
Thomas a believer.

With membership in the FML and possession of the FAQ, you really don't
_need_ anything else to begin your time as a ferret owner.  Long live
them both.

As for the 3 states that ban ferrets. . .may a hoard of ferocious
domestic ferrets steal the socks and bite the toes of all the lawmakers
who are against legalization.

Sincerely,
Jim and Nibbles (who gets angry when she hears the word California)