From:
Tootsie Mead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 17:24:30 -0500
All I can say is the Maff Halloween Frolic was the best I have ever been
to.  I have never laughed so hard after seeing Donna from The Educated
Ferret Rescue, dressed as the Big Bad Wolf trying to hold one of her
beautiful ferrets while she grabbed onto the big bad Wolf's nose and
would not let go!  Her little girl also crawled up into the Wolf's mouth
numerous times as well.  What precious moments!  and fantastic job Donna,
on the costumes of the lifesize Albino Ferret and Big Bad Wolf .  Some of
the ferret costumes in the Halloween costume parade were unbelievable and
just too cute.  I hope Maff has captured it all on film and we will be
able to view it through their site.

There were the slides of members ferrets who have passed on this year and
seeing each and every one and how these ferrets were so lucky to be so
loved just brought tears to not only my eyes, but many others watching (I
wonder if there were any dry eyes there).  God, did it make me long for
my boys that passed earlier this year.

I was so moved by Bob Church's lecture on dental care that I ran out the
next day and bought toothbrushes and toothpaste (no fluoride only) for
all my weasels.  Now I just have to write everyone's name on them, so
they don't get mixed up.  Great trick to get them to like the brushing,
Bob!  So much information from him, it was great listening and learning.
What a total learning experience.

The ferret games set up was unbelievable, what talent to make these game
set ups as well as the huge ferret playground!  I need to add that to my
ferrets room.

My sister Rose (LFFR) was selling her beautifully crafted luxury bedding
and made enough money to help pay for one of her ferret's adrenal
surgeries (which I was so happy to hear).  She is a stay at home ferret
mom who has taken in ferrets that some of us would not, including some
bad biters and bald ones that were dumped at pounds and animal rescue
leagues slated for death, who now have a forever, loving home.  I have
seen ferrets turn around in her care.  She relies on money from bedding
sales to pay for the care and extra special care of her ferrets.  I have
seen her donate to so many ferret causes.  I have to say, when it comes
to ferrets, she is overly generous as many of you know.

Thumbs up to those who caught the new take in 8 year old ferret having an
insolinoma seisure and all the people responsible for helping him out of
it.

I made a special ferret sculpture just for Bob Church, which was a ferret
wearing a Hawaiian shirt and glasses and I put his name on the bottom as
well.  I just had to make a Hula girl ferret to go with it.  He seemed
really thrilled with them and showed them off as well as sporting some
kind of new toy bedding hat that he designed right there from items Rose
gave him.

I brought my very first oil painting that I just completed of one of my
ferret's, "Patsy" on a 16x20 canvas, which I must now get framed.  I am
now working on a Christmas present oil painting for my sister.

I just want to thank Maff and all who organized it, participated in it,
right down to the decorations, food and raffles.  Great job everyone,
you should be proud.  I hope to see everyone and more next year!  Bob,
can you come play again???

Eleanor, Donald and the 8 fuzzies