From:
Cris Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2000 12:53:07 +0100
Ok as a new furdad of 10 days standing I have a question... Is it feasible
that my furbaby is having nightmares ?

Bubbles is one year old, neutered, and has a largely unknown past, and was
surrendered to a ferret welfare because he was biting... hard !!!  The
welfare was told his cagemate "dropped dead suddenly" which makes me a
little wonder about what he has seen in his short life.  I have noticed
that during daylight he tends to eat his food very quickly, as if he
expects it to be taken from him, or as if he has to get away from the
feeder as fast as he can, but at night, when its dark I hear him chomping
away at a leasuely pace.  Also he will not sleep soundly, unless he is
covered over completely.  He is generally a silent fuzzy, except when
asleep when he gives out the saddest little crys, as if he is scared or
being hurt.

We are working on the biting thing... (we have had several long talks about
this) he is now down to one chunk of daddy every two days or so, and I
think it is now largely an "over excitement" thing, I give him at least 3
hours a day 1-2-1 play and at other times he has "open condo" in my bedroom
totalling about 5 or 6 hours.  (after his distemper shot .........from
tomorrow he will be getting walks on dry days too.) I have introduced him
to rasins & kitbits, which he loves, he loves to eat kibble from my hand
(which we do once a day as I am hoping that will help us to build a closer
bond) and he gets as much hugging and kissing as he will take.  He even has
me wardancing with him which he seems to love (I just make sure we are
alone when I do it...lol).  Apart from the dreams, he seems to be a happy,
busy little weezil, and is establishing his stashes all over the place.

Its just the crying thing, I hate to think he may be having disturbed
sleep, and I know that beyond giving him all the love and security I can
that there is probably litle else I can do to help him beyond being there
for him.  I just wanted to know if anyone else has seen this in their
babies?  and if so..  did it lessen with time ?

love to all the furbabies
Cris Page...... the motley crew
Scruffy (buffle burger), Pip (li'l madam), Felix (Microsoft),
Thrupence (3p) Cassie (slapper)  and....
Bubbles ( dad.. I am sure u taste of rasins !!!!)