From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 09:23:19 -0500
There are several shelters that are overcrowded.  If anyone is in the
WA/OR area and interested in adopting a needy fuzzie please let me know
and I'll let you know where to go. :-)

As for the Chicago ferret shelter, anyone in close by states that would
like to add one, two or more fuzzies to their family?

Someone asked me why I take the old and sick.  It's simple really.  I
want their remaining time to be in a loving home with all the care they
so justly deserve.  I've been blessed with little ones for as little as a
few weeks and as long as several years.  Yes, it hurts when they leave,
terribly, but knowing that they know love and caring and comfort in their
final days, weeks, months, years, makes all the difference.  When they
pass from this realm, I am so very thankful that they were in my life
for whatever time we had.

Come on people, surely with over 3000 fml members we can place these
fuzzies.  For each fuzzy that finds a home, there is more time to care
for the remaining fuzzies in the shelters.  Ideally I'd like to see the
shelters empty but till that day, I'd like to see so many volunteers they
are stumbling over each other!

And if you aren't able to add to your fuzzy family, please volunteer to
help those at your local shelter.  Even if it's only 1 hour a week, it
will be greatly appreciated and it will make all the difference in the
world to those ferrets that you are able to cuddle and play with.

Please open your hearts and homes to just one or two needy fuzzies...

Warm hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart, F.B.S.
Ferret Family Services
http://www.ferretfamilyservices.org