From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 12:17:19 -0500
Kim wrote:
>I read on one of my ferret lists that you should give 1/2 tablet of papaya
>extract.

Papaya extract can be crushed an easily mixed in with wet food when the
ferret has mild difficulty digesting.  (It's also useful for a lot of
us who are over 40 since some humans begin to produce less stomach acid
then -- symptoms can be quite like producing too much which is just
another reason to see your physician if you have a lot of indigestion.)
The extract partly digests the food for the ferret, which is why it is
also used as a meat tenderizer.  When it helped around here we usually
put it in things like A/D with water about a half hour or more before
serving, but do NOT know what optimal timing would be.  Theoretically, by
doing some pre-digesting it would allow ferrets to have access to more
nutrients in problems which limit digestion such as anything that causes
runs.

The problem I'd have with cataloging is that of sales messages.  Of course,
I guess such companies could also read the FML for a month and put it
together, too.  I HATE sales intrusions.  Don't hate sales -- grew up
selling luxury items and know how hard -- and now rare -- good and
courtious selling is, but my schedule is such that having things like
Caller ID with sifting to reduce sales calls makes life so much easier.
(Feel sorry for sales calls people -- hard work doing something most
people dislike receiving; it's got to be the worst form of clerking to do.)

Errr, WHY is there griping about an issue that was done and gone months
ago?  When it's old just let it rest and f'ged'abow'it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)
That's easiest on everyone.

[Moderator's note: Which issue was that?  If collodial silver, those posts
are once again gone.  BIG]