From:
John Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 22:16:18 -0500
Hello everyone,

1. I want to share my happiness that as this is being written Bill has
his nose in his food bowl.  Wednesday morning his left adrenal gland was
removed and he has been resting peacefully since.  He has been good about
taking his duck soup without too much trouble and his amoxy with lots of
Ferretone to get the nasty taste out of his mouth.  Hillary has been trying
to pull him out of the isolation cage by pulling his blankie out with her
teeth.  I assume she thinks he will come out with the blanket. :-)

Many thanks to Dr. Chuck Burmeister of All-Pets Veterinary Hospital in
Peoria for once again performing his surgical magic.

2. Some intellectually challenged person decided to release two ferrets
into the wilds of East Peoria, IL last Wednesday (8/2).  The little girl is
still missing.  The little boy was found hiding under a deck on Thursday
the 3rd.  The person who found him was ready to re-release the boy since
he was biting.  Poor little guy was scared to death.  After I brought him
here, he received a much needed bath as well as his first manicure and
ear cleaning.  Under the dirty smelly mess he was is a very sweet young
chocolate MF ferret.  After his bath program he was anxious to eat a
mixture of TF and Eukanuba Chicken & Rice Kitten.  He has learned to love
Ferretone.  My Hershey (also a chocolate boy found wandering in Peoria
nearly 2 years ago) has decided that this boy is his friend.

Hillary, BabyGirl and Leroy are trying to convince the boy that he
shouldn't be here by attacking him severely.  So he is alone in a
separate cage.

Since Hershey wants to keep him - I suppose he needs a better name than
"Little Boy".  Any suggestions?

3. Because of Bill and Little Boy, I just read Ed Lipinski's "What's it
mean: To be 'Humane?'".  You may be aware that Mr. Lipinski and I have
disagreed pretty seriously in the past.  I want to publicly compliment
him for the following comment:
  "To the owner, whomever you are, I do pray that you will somehow get
   enlightenment so that you shall never ever do this again to one of
   God's little innocent creatures."

My opinion of Mr. Lipinski has been raised substantially.  Thank you, Ed,
for making me believe you are a good hearted man.

4. Thanks also to Randy Horton for the informative posts with helpful
information that newbies need to know.  Please keep them coming.  This is
one of the reasons this list is so valuable.  This also may be part of the
reason you are still here on this earth Randy.

5. For those close enough to join us - Central Illinois Ferret Connection
is going to have a picnic at Ferret Mary's home near Morton, IL on August
27th.  Any person wishing to join us is welcomed.  There will be no charge
and details will be forwarded to you if you e-mail me at:

6. I would tell you the results of our effort to find a home for the 2
ferrets in Hobart, IN except that I don't know the results yet.

7. Thanks to BIG for the hard work keeping this list going.

John Gordon in Pekin, IL with Bill, Hillary, Leroy, BabyGirl, Hershey and
the nameless LittleBoy.