From:
eri garner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2011 23:45:13 -0600
HEEEELP!!!!

Apparently, one of our new "neighbors" of the rodentia family living
in our home's walls decided to expire. The stench is palpable...I can
actually see green tendrils of stench curling and undulating from my
bedroom closet!!

It appears that I only have two options: 1. Die from asphyxiation;
2. Use some sort of odor control product, like a fogger, to penetrate
the walls.

[Don't even ask about the landlord; the man has apparently decided that
he has no role in pest control or repairs around our home; hence the
reason we still have electrical wiring that consistently trips
breakers; a front door handle that HE broke last June and still has
not replaced; a garage door we can no longer close, because the
"counterbalance" he was using to keep the thing shut rotted off last
summer during heavy rains, and he has been too lazy (oh, excuse me -
"busy") to replace it; and a bathroom window that steadily dribbles
water during heavy rain. He didn't give a hoot when I told him there
were rats in the walls and the empty upstairs apartment; I guarantee
he won't care to remove any part of a wall to remove a carcass.]

I have a couple of problems, though. Our house ("apartment", I guess,
since it's an old house divided into two apartments, ours downstairs
and the other upstairs) is pretty small - about 1200 sq, ft., divided
rather randomly into compartmentalized rooms, sort of like a maze with
bad acoustics. I am disabled and basically live in the bedroom; if I'm
not sleeping, I'm using my computer on the edge of the bed - about 3'
from the closet door - the same closet currently encompassing said
rotting rodent. We have three cats in addition to the four ferts. We
JUST bug-bombed the bloody place about a week ago, which was a major
endeavor no less stressful in planning & logistics than the Storming
of the Beaches. I'm still slowly unpacking or washing dishes from that
little jaunt.

Anyway, I don't really have many options for where to sit/reside/sleep,
and this stench is about to cause me to rival the vomiting of the
little girl in "The Exorcist".

I have read that a product called "Big D odor fogger" is supposed to be
good for this type of problem - hard-to-reach places, cracks, etc. But
I can't find any actual data about the stuff through Google, so I've no
clue how safe it is.

Has anyone used this product? Has anyone else had a rat/mouse/large
elephant DIE between their walls? What product did you use against the
odor??

I'm going to temporarily use candles or something in the bedroom to try
to survive until we can find a solution, but HELP!!!!!

~Eri, who is wondering if she should stuff her landlord between the
walls

--
*~I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to
answer when they call!!~*

 /\_/\
(>"<)