From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 01:03:39 -0500
An anonymous poster wrote to ask whether it is better to give $5 to five
shelters or $25 to one shelter.  Tough question!  Ela, Georgia and I ask
ourselves this one whenever we have raised a little money to distribute to
them.  I think it is encouraging for the shelters to know that someone is
thinking of them no matter how small the donation.  It is also so helpful
to have a little chunk carved off a vet bill.  My feeling in this case is
that you should look through the list for one shelter that stands out for
you, perhaps because it is near you, perhaps because it seems to have
special needs at this time.  Send the $25 to their vet, making it very
clear who the donation is for.  Then next time you are able to spare some
money, choose another shelter to help for the same reason.  Or have the
fun of getting involved with one particular shelter.  Any one you choose
will be the right one :)

Blessings
Judith