From:
"Burkard,Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 1996 06:51:20 PDT
>From:    Al Smith <[log in to unmask]>
>I NEED HELP.  I acquired a new ferret from a friend.  I think the ferret is
>very ill.  She is lathargic and she is losing mose of her fur.  Half of her
>tail has no fur and I don't think she is eating either.  She is about 2 1/2
>years old and she looks like she is a 20 wk old kit.

I would think that you should take your little fuzzbean to the vet and have
her checked for the possibility of an adrenal tumor.

Some of the symptoms are the loss of hair you describe, but also the lack of
energy, lack in interest in grooming, and in female ferrets, the swelling of
the vulva.

-- Mike

Michael C. Burkard           º  All I needed to know in life I
Work: [log in to unmask]  º  learned from my ferrets:
Home: [log in to unmask]  º  Dance for joy often, play often, and
My opinions only.            º  be determined in your ventures.