Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 01:24:40 -0400
Dearest Sandee,

I never thought I would be asking this of you so soon but I must ask you
to keep an eye out for my sweet Kody.  Could you please see if you can
find PeeWee and introduce them?  They never got a chance to meet but I'm
sure they would like to share some news of home.

I found Kody in a pet shop where he had been dumped just 4 short months
ago.  He was over 6 years old and had a very hard time adjusting but
being the trooper he was he was able to do it.  He was a sweet lovable
old guy that delighted in chasing our dog and if you listened carefully
you could hear him chuckle while he was doing it.  He was free with his
kisses and he would hold on to my chin when he gave them.  He was quite
a little snuggler too.

He has his third surgery today and he just wasn't up to that.  I was able
to bring him home for a little while but he went downhill fast.  I took
him back to the vet but it just wasn't to be.  As we left for home an
unexpected rain began and when it was over I looked up and saw one of the
biggest rainbows I had ever seen.  Shortly after Kody was gone.  He is
whole and hopefully running free now.  The only problem is he will not
know anyone and may be frightened.  He got frightened so easily and would
run to Mom to make sure everything was OK.  Maybe PeeWee can help making
him feel welcome and unafraid.

Please Sandee, tell him I am so very sorry.  I wish there had been more I
could have done to keep him here just a little longer.  Please tell him
his brother Pody misses him and looked everywhere for him tonight.  Give
him my love and ask him to wait for me.  For being here that short amount
of time he took with him a big piece of my heart.  Tell him to keep it
safe and I'll get it back when we meet again.

Warmly,
Diddy