From:
Carrie Paps <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 16:14:18 -0500
Hi everyone, I have an odd problem and I'm hoping someone could give me
some insite to this on.  This has been going on for quite a long time and
none of my other ferrets do this so I'm just trying to figure out what the
deal is.

We adopted Scooter and Buzz from a young man who couldn't care for them
anymore back in '96.  They were raised together but I think Scooter was
an only child for about 2 months.  Both ferrets are about 4 years old.
Scooter will lick, lick, lick, chomp on Buzz's neck and NOT LET GO.  I mean
we are talking for 10 minutes or so just holding Buzz's neck (nap area)
in a bite.  Buzz never fights back in the cage, only outside when he is
playing.  Buzz will just give a little whine and I will hear him and go
rescue him from Scooter.  I will have to pry Scooter off of Buzz and I then
put Bitter Apple on Buzz to prevent Scooter from doing this again in the
future.

Scooter is the only one who does this and only to Buzz.

What is the deal?  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Carrie