From:
Inez Gowsell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 1993 01:35:35 -0400
Hi all!

I responded to Jill's post on rec.pets, but I will re-state that I have
a leather cat harness that I adjusted for my ferret.  I prefer them to the
nylong, because if you don't melt the end of the nylon well enough, you
have a hard time doing up the harness.  But that is just personal preference.

I was digging out cocoa's stuff to see if I kept the harness or not since
the ferret i will be taking care of next month doesn't have a harness.  I
kept the harness, my two 20 foot leashes that a girlfriend gave me (got
them for her cats and they refused to walk anywhere :), and my cage.  I also
have dryer vent tubing, that I tried to set up so she would have some
place to explore.  Don't have enough of it, and if I get more, i will
go for the clear stuff so I can actually see the sharks running around.  I
heard of someone who had a ferret room and this is what he set up for the
kids to do there exploring.

I also found in my collection some cedar shavings.. And before I get
bombarded with well-meant warnings, don't worry.  I stopped using them
a long time ago, mostly because they were too messy to clean up (ever
try vacuuming cedar shavings?  almost as much fun as confetti!)  Old
towels and other fabric made better bedding anyways.

However, i have this bag of shavings, and I really don't want to throw
it out (probably why I still have it)  any suggestions as to what I
can do with it?  I noticed that the city has put shavings in some
flower beds down by the river.  Maybe I should just add these
to that.  :)

Inez

--
To change the world
A dreamer must be          Inez Gowsell    [log in to unmask]