From:
Kirk & Gaye Stantis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 1999 17:22:23 -0500
My name is Amy and I am 14 years old.  A couple days ago I was getting
ready to go out with my friends.  I looked in my ferrets cage to say hello
and i saw my oldest ferret, Ferret Beuller lying very fast asleep.  When
ever I see that I get scared and wait a second till I see her breathing.
This time I kept looking but I saw no breath.  I didn't know what to think
so I went in the cage to check her.  My hand got half-way there and I burst
out screaming.  I was so I scared I couldn't even touch her.  I yelled up
to my mom but she wouldn't even come down to see, she was too sad.  My dad
reached in with a big rubber glove to put her in a box.  I couldn't let him
go through with it so I picked her up my self.  She was so cold and stiff.
I cried and cried while I was getting ready to go out.  That day I was
quiet and withdrawn.  I'm usually the loud one of the group but that day I
wasn't.  My other ferret Houdini has been getting over it but not fast.  I
can't stop think about her.  I loved her so much.  I knew she was gonna die
soon but I couldn't believe that day has come.  I've read all the books we
have on dealing with a pets death and they have helped a little.  I just
feel like something is missing still, like she'll come back.  If any of you
have any ideas that have helped you in the past then please email them to
me at [log in to unmask]

Thank you so much.