From:
Eric A Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1993 21:46:14 -0500
Actually, I was thinking of writing to the judge to say that I actually
_did_ turn down a job in NYC because of the illegality of keeping my
little girls with me.  I was also going to include the fact that even
though my building has a rat problem, I've never had any trouble at
all in my room.  They just won't go anywhere near the ferrets.  So if the
ruling has something to do with ferrets spreading disease, that
would indicate that they probably do infinitely more to prevent the
spread of diseases than they could ever do to cause them.

However, given the points brought up by Mr. Gruber, I'll wait and hope
whoever requested the letters in the first place posts again to
answer about what the exact situation is and whether the lawyer in the
case agrees that the letters are a good idea.

E.S., Hershey, and Nestle'