From:
Shelley Knudsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 00:14:45 -0600
Hello,

Some of you may remember me, I am currently a second year vet student, and
I previously ran the Legion of Superferrets of Nebraska ferret shelter for
3 1/2 years.  As a ferret nut and a vet student, I am doing my best to
"educate" other vet students about ferrets to hopefully result in more
ferret knowledgeable vets out there.

Anyway, I am going to start writing a series of short articles on ferrets
for Intervet, which is a veterinary student online magazine put out by
the AVMA, and run by students.  Because it will be vet students that will
be reading the articles, I want to make sure they are as factual and
informational as possible.  However, time is something I don't have a
whole lot of.  Soo, I have put the first draft of my first article up on
a web page, and if those of you who know ferrets pretty well (which on
these lists is a pretty big group :-) could go and just review it and let
me know if you think there is anything I should add, or if I am totally
wrong about something, I would very much appreciate it.

The first article is just on ferret history and a few basics, but as I go
along, it will progress from ferret husbandry (next article) to ferret
medical information, so vets, I would really appreciate it if you could
check them out also as they become more medically related.  I will post
each time that I write a new one, as I would really like the feedback.
Please keep in mind as you read it that I have been writing a little bit
each night on it late in the evenings after studying, and that I still
don't feel like I spent near enough time on it, so if it stinks, well, at
least take that into consideration in your comments. :-)

You can e-mail me at [log in to unmask], and there is also an e-mail link
on the page.  The web address is:
http://incolor.inetnebr.com/ferrets/ferretarticle.  The actual published
article will also include references, but I am just looking for feedback
on the actual article right now.

Thank you,
Shelley Knudsen
Class of 2004  KSU Veterinary College
[log in to unmask]  [log in to unmask]
http://www.tcgcs.com/~ferrets
785-565-9041  cel402-984-4217

"There ain't no limit in this life to how far you can get,
but if you're going all the way, you gotta break a sweat."
  - Chad Brock