From:
Stephanie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 May 2003 01:12:45 -0400
Sukie wrote:
>I suspect that one thing that perhaps could improve the teaching of
>ferrets in vet schools would be the vet students themselves pushing to
>have them more included since they are sure to have to treat them.
>
>The least that such programs could do would be to use the videos of
>Doctors Debbie Kemmerer and Charles Weiss and at least one of the
>existing ferret veterinary texts to provide at least the basics and to
>let the students know that there ARE resources out there.  I tend to
>think that there are enough ferrets out there that there is no reason
>that the basics have to so often wait for someone to later do a
>specialization in exotics or to otherwise learn after graduation

I will be one of those vet students pushing for more ferret education
starting this fall (new student).  I (obviously) have an interest in
ferrets and will want the training.  I also found out that I will most
likely not be the only starting student looking ofr the training in
ferrets as another member of my entering class is also greatly
interested in them.

I am not holding any great expectations at this time, but plan to work
towards it (especially with my school not being known for its exotic
animal studies).

Stephanie G.