From:
"Holender, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 17:26:32 +1200
Salutations,

In February, I posted a pointer to an article that was typical of the type
of anti-ferret propaganda that was being spread by the NZ media ("Wanted
For Impersonating A Pet" -
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Village/9074/listener.gif)

I wrote a strong letter of complaint to the editor of the NZ Listner and
encouraged FMLers to do likewise.  Quite a number of these letters were
published (at least on the Listeners web site -
http://www.listener.co.nz/letters.asp).
My letter urged for a follow up article that was balanced and stuck to the
facts, not hearsay, rumour and half-truths.

I am pleased to say that a follow up article did in fact appear in the
February 13 1999 issue, which was much more balanced.  I could hardly
believe what I was reading as both articles were written by the same
author, but you would never have guessed it!  If you are interested, here
are the pointers
(http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Village/9074/FLYFURP1.JPG &
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Village/9074/FLYFURP2.TIF).
Warning these are scanned images, so they may take a while to load (also
the second page is in tiff format (not sure why) so you may have to save it
to disk and view it offline if your browser can't handle it (like mine)).
BTW both articles have been reproduced with permission.

I must apologise for not alerting the FML sooner.  I missed the original
and have only just seen the reproduced article.

To those of you who wrote critical letters to the editor
([log in to unmask]), I should like to encourage you to send them
another note thanking them for presenting the other side of the story; I
most certainly will be.

Kind Regards,
-David, Thor & Grover.

                       David Holender
     The Open Polytechnic Of New Zealand
   Foundation member of Ferret PAWS (NZ) Inc.
http://www.geocities.com/heartland/village/9074