From:
"Brian J. McGovern" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 1995 05:29:45 -0400
In a recent FML posting, someone mentioned bite statistics for Ferrets being
65 per year, compared to some 2 million dog attacks.  I thought I had read
(and i'm looking for my source now) that the numbers were 3.5 Million dog
attacks per year, but that they could only find 65 Ferret cases from
1978-1987 (making the yearly rate about 9), and that many of the 65 cases
were mistaken play behavior, or whatnot.

I've republished these numbers on the Web with due credit. However, currently
being unable to find the sheet for confirmation (and just plain being lazy ;)
), I'm wondering if anyone can put these numbers in to accurate perspective.
Thanks.
        -Brian

BTW, check out http://www.beta.com/ferrets for info on legalizing ferrets in
Mass.