From:
Mustang Charlie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jul 1999 05:42:01 -0700
>This means that your ferret is trying to eat somewhere where
>the food will not drop into the pit being the bottom of the cage.

Actually, and animal behavioralists correct me if I am wrong...Ferrets
will grab a piece of food or snack and head for cover because of an
instinct for protecting their food from other ferrets or animals.
Protecting their behinds, if you may.  If you are not seen with food, you
won't be harrassed or if you are in some sort of enclosure, (Read: cave or
burrow) another animal can not slip up behind you and attack you to get
your food.  Survival 101!

For our ferrets

MC, The Rude One
(With Garret, Snorkle, and Tuzidoot.  In spirit, Bubba and Billy-Bob)