From:
Death Adder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:11:42 +0100
Greetings, We have rescued a single sable female between 1 1/2 - 2 1/2
years old.  I date this by her teeth which are very sharp, no chips and
very pointed.  We has an excellent coat , long whiskers and clear eyes.
I palpated her abdomen and found her clear of any masses, obstructions
or tenderness.

She has a nice disposition and seems well adjusted .  She is not box
trained but seems alert enough to be trained .

I wish she could stay with us but she does not get along with our single
male who has been a single ferret for about 3 years.  She came to us with
a male who was blind and very ill, he had a mass that cover his whole
abdomen and had to be put down as he was in pain and unfortunately
operating was not an option as the tumor was far too advanced to treat.

The ferrets came to us from a man who's roommate had left them behind
with no details other than he wanted them to go to a good home.

I'm not asking for anything but a promise that the new owner make a
donation of any monetary amount to the nearest shelter.  When replying
please answer the following questions which are simply yes or no to the
best of your knowledge.

 1) Have you ever owned a ferret?
 2) Do you have ferrets?
 3) Are you affiliated with or gainfully employed by the California Fish
    and Game, USDA, Sierra Club or a research facility of any kind?
 4) Can you provide the necessary requirements for owning a ferret?
 5) Would owning a ferret cause confliction with your lease agreement?
 6) Do you have children?
 7) If you have children will you be monitoring their playtime with the
    ferret?
 8) Would owning a ferret cause a financial problem?
 9) How many cats do you have?
10) How many dogs do you have?
11) Are in the Military? (include reserves)
12) Do your friends know how to handle a ferret?
13) Is your residence "Ferret Proof" ?
14) Please list all pets you have had.

Answering "No" to most questions doesn't exclude you from possible
providing a good home for this ferret

Excuse me if this sounds a bit "over the top", just want what's best for
this cute little lost ferret,

Sincerely,
Mark
Please contact me at  [log in to unmask]