From:
Sleepy Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 20:46:12 -0500
>Re Subject: shelters not responding to emails from Giving Tree Santas
>
>I've heard quite a few people complain about shelters not responding to
>their e-mails about the Giving Tree.  I even had someone email me last
>year asking why the shelter I volunteer with didn't take the time to
>send her a thank you note.  That she found it "rude" :-/ !!!???

Hi All,

IMHO..Having worked on the Giving Tree for three years with Kristine, I
can say we always recommended the shelter acknowledge receiving the
gifts.  Kristine who at the time ran a busy shelter, worked on the Giving
Tree and took care of three children as well, made time to thank her
Santa.

It is cynical to suggest people are Santa's for recognition.  I used to
receive the letters from Santas who were afraid their packages hadn't
arrived at the shelter because they hadn't had a reply from the shelter.
I contacted the shelter myself to check it out.  Sometime there are
extenuating circumstances where a shelter may have problems or not see
their email or have time to answer, but If at all possible a thank you
is the thing to do.  It probably takes longer to put the information and
pictures together to go on the tree, than to do a quick thank you note.
Most shelters do and some shelters even thoughtful enough take pictures
of the ferret with the presents.  It's a win/win situation :)

Again a big Thank You to both Kris Mewton for kindly keeping the Giving
Tree going this year and to all the generous people who are Santas.

Now I have to go shopping for George (My Giving Tree ferret)

Happy Holidays,
Peggy

Be a Santa to a Shelter Ferret :)
http://www.mkaresq.com/ShelterFerretsGivingTree.htm