From:
Chris and Tara Palaski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 2006 08:18:42 -0500
>In trying to make appointments for my kids to have their rabies and
>distemper vaccines, my vet said they've run out of distemper due to a
>problem on the supplier's end.  I don't know who the supplier is but
>supposedly this is a nationwide problem.  Has anyone else heard of
>this?  The vet said she has no idea when the vaccines will be available.
>
>Susann Thiel

Susan,

United Vaccine, the maker of Fervac-D is being sold.  They do not have a
buyer yet so they have stopped the production of Fervac-D ( as well as
stopped accepting CEP test samples for ADV).  At this time they have no
plans of continuing in either of these venues.  If a buyer is found that
wants to continue with the testing and vaccine production that would be
great but for now we have to assume that this is the end for both of
those things.  The other USDA approved distemper vaccine for ferrets is
Purevax made by Merial.  It is currently available.  Please have your
vet contact their Merial rep to purchase this vaccine.  I hope this
information helps.

Sincerely
Tara Palaski
PFRA