From:
"Elwin L. Bullard II" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 20:35:50 -0500
The cities that outlaw ferrets are not the real problem IMO.

It's cities like Farmers Branch that are dangerous.  Ferrets are not listed
specifically in the animal code, yet weasels, minks, and skunks are (ferrets
genetic relatives), as forbidden animals.  The code gives extraordinary
powers to determine what is a dangerous animal to the Animal Control
Officer.  The Farmers Branch ACO is anti-ferret.  That's why my girls will
never go out to play in the front yard again.

I bought a house in FB because it was in an area that did not specifically
outlaw my babies.  I refused to move to Dallas proper, even though I would
have preferred to live in the local gay ghetto, because ferrets were
outlawed.

A person who deliberately endangers a ferret by moving to an area where
ferrets are illegal is playing with fire and has no one to blame but
themselves.  It's like the person who buys a home in the glide path of an
airport and then complains about the noise.

On another note,

our girls seem to be very broody lately.  Just since Mike brought home
Myron.  His cage is in Mike's office, a room the girls don't have access to
unless one of naked apes is around.  They get the same amount of 'out of
cage' time, 3:30pm 'til bedtime around 10pm, as before.  Ootz especially
seems to demand more attention and actually lets you hold and pet her.  This
is strange behavior for her.  Any ideas what is going on?

Elwin, Mike, Ootz, Possum, Doris, eternally Winnie and introducing Myron
(our baby boy(?) sugar glider)
http://home1.gte.net/bounty/page3.htm