From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 03:00:06 -0500
It's been fun opening my mail the past few days.  First there was that
first dollar from Joanne Ruffner.  Yesterday there where two different
dollar gifts.  Today there were a dollar gift, two three dollar gifts
(with notes about past dues for Jan and Feb that made me giggle), and a
check for a dollar each from nine ferrets.  I just sat at my dining room
table and grinned.

Although people's generosity in emergencies is strikingly beautiful,
there's always a touch of anxiety and sadness for me in our big
fundraisers because of the immediacy of the need of the ferrets and the
shelters.  However, these "dues" with their notes, photos, or anonymous
donors are fun.  It's like getting an allowance that I know SOS can save
up and spend on its favorite toy: fuzzies.

Thank you all from Support Our Shelters!

--
* * * Support Our Shelters * * *

http://www.SupportOurShelters.org