Date:
Sun, 12 Jun 2011 22:29:54 -0400
There is a controversy going on right now in East Yorkshire, England,
concerning the proposed construction of a facility to breed and house
2,000 or more beagles at a time for the sole purpose of scientific
experimentation and vivisection. The company in the controversy is
B & K Universal. Why is this something that we, as ferret owners,
should be aware of? Because B & K Universal is owned by our beloved
Marshall Farms. Apparently they are not making enough money in
ferret-related ventures, and now must expand their breeding for the
sole purpose of experimentation (torture). Does this bother anyone as
much as it does me?

Here is one link:

<http://negotiationisover.com/2011/06/06/action-alert-stop-proposed-bk-universal-marshall-farms-breeding-facility/>

And here is one where you can sign an online petition:

<http://www.petitiononline.co.uk/petition/oppose-plans-for-breeding-beagles-for-vivisection-in-uk/2877>

And here is the website for Marshall BioResources, should anyone care
to directly contact them:

http://www.marshallbioresources.com/

Jeff
In Loving Memory of Neo, Trinity, Morphy, Possum, Pip, Pop, Sabrina,
Minnie Mouse, Hunny, Misty, Frodo, Baggins, and Mr. Parker
Caring for Luna, Baby Girl, Dozer, Boomer, and Zoomer