From:
msperling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 05:31:22 -0800
Hello my fellow ferret lover from FML,
I tell you without most of you I would have fallen apart more then I did..I
am the one that told about how my silver mitt age 3 lost his entire nail
and how guilty I had felt about that happening..I never had so much email
in my life saying I was being way to hard on myself..These things happen
etc.  I want to thank everyone that emailed me and I also would like to
post how Ratbert is doing..I have some bad news to report about him..Seems
when I took him to the vets the very same day his nail was torn off since
he was due for his yearly check up the vet decided to do it then..He
received his innoculations and then I asked him about his loss of hair I
notcied this week..Its not bald just very thin..He took a look and then
after his check up told me he most likely has adrenal disease..I almost
started to cry right there in the vets office..The vet took a blood sample
and since Ratbert kep struggling the vet had to knock him out for five
minutes to take the needed blood sample..He is doing a CBC which is a
completer blood test in case some dont know what it is..  I will not have
Ratberts results back until<sigh>tomorrow..Please keep my beloved Ratbert
in your prayers tonite..  I will take it one step at a time if he does
indead have adrenal disease..  I want to see if the vet will try medicine
first..I am happy to report that when I found my first ferret(Bandit) who
someone dumped at the front door of Petsmart where I worked I started to
save some money for God Forbig he gets very very ill fund..It isnt the cost
of the surgery I just do not like surgery on any living thing..  I have
gone thru two major surgeries this past July and October..  I would rather
try meds first..Its very stessfull on any livng thing to have surgery and I
for one hate to put my beloved Ratbert thru that if meds can help him for
awhile even..  I will keep all of you whom I have always felt were my
*etended family* because all of you or almost all of you really do care
about other ferret owners.I cherrish you all and I thank you all.

sorry this post is long I just have so much to say and I wanted to make
sure I thanked everyone who had emailed me..

I appreciate all who did..
take care and keep Ratbert in your prayers..
Michele Sperling:)

===
please visit my web page at: www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/4908
"Don't be afraid to dream..for out of the most fragile dreams come
miracles"