From:
Josephine Hansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 11:44:05 PST
Hi Everyone!  i know i have posted once already today, and maybee once is
all you guys can take from me HE HE.

But anyway, i wanted to share my opinion on the shelter and adoption
numbers, remember that these ferrets have already been abused enough, The
tougher the screening the better for the ferrets!  and i mean really Tough!
the shelter ferrets have been given a second chance, and life at the
shelter is many times better that a bad family life, and i think that this
is one of the things a shelter should handle by their gut feelings and at
their own disscretion!  The well being of the ferrets and their love for
them is the reason they have becommed a shelter in the first place, to all
shelter operators, remember Who you work for!  It is not for the humans,
that want to adopt.  To try and find good homes is very hard, and i think
most shelters try and do the best they can for the ferrets, everyone would
like to see all of the ferrets in good homes, but i don't believe in
compromising, when it comes to finding them that good home, i know i could
never send of a ferret, to a doubful place with people i am not sure of,
and the last thing this precious life needs is another dissaster.

I'll suport my shelter even if she decides to keep to many, couse im not
there 48 hours a day, crying over the cruelty of humans, the incrediblle
carelessness, i can go home to my well cared for fuzzies and play with them
and forget the heartbreking day at the shelter, at least for a while.

Just my .2 cents
Josephine and my adorable brats