Date:
Sun, 28 Jul 2002 05:44:35 -0700
hee hee, ha, ha....snicker snicker.  ....BWA HAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!
Alexandra, I love your posts.  You make my day.  BIG-keep the free speech
alive.  Let me say this regarding censorship of this or any other list.
I only wish that the most offensive thing I ever have to hear or read is
words.  Once read or heard it is gone.  They are words.  Just words.  And
words, offensive to some or not pale in comparison to the reality that
we all live with every day of abuse and neglect .  Abuse leaves scars,
mental and physical and that's if the defenseless are lucky enough to
escape with their life.  Abuse and neglect is something to really be
offended by.

Today I find myself totally frustrated in this vicious circle we are all
involved in.  I think it's sad when we have to start turning on each
other when we are all motivated by the same cause.  Where to go, what to
do, who to call?  Don't buy pets from lousy conditions because you are
encouraging the pet trade!  I agree but how can we as animal lovers just
turn our backs on an animal in need?  We can't.  Our compassionate nature
just won't allow it.  I had to do this yesterday.  I had to because I
didn't have the money to free this ferret from the lousy conditions it
was in.  I am in tears today because of it and can't get her sweet face
out of my head.  What I could do was stand there and hold her while the
piece of shit clerk that had the nerve to act surprised , cleaned the
cage that was full of maggots.  Not a drop of food to be found either.  I
was forced to stand at the counter as I purchased my crickets and look on
at the baby conures (birds) huddled in a corner of a ten gallon aquarium
on shit-covered paper toweling.  No a/c in the store and it was loaded
with flies.  Hmmmmmmmm.  Cant' imagine where the maggots came from!!!!!!!!

I'm starting to think that the war should be on stupid people!!!  So
yes, I walked out fully intent on reporting them to animal control....on
Monday morning.  Yes, monday because there are no officials available on
the weekend.  That adds two more days to the sentence of the furry
victim.  Am I stilll trying to find a way to get the money and free her
from that hell of a pet store?  Your damn right I am because I can't just
turn my back on a life.  And if somehow I do gather the funds to do it
can I go up there, complete the purchase and turn around and chew out the
pet store owner?  No, because I'd be tipping him off.

Here's another option.  Let's call PETA!  They're in it for the animals!
Sure they are, but imo they are just a little too extreme.  They could
be doing so much more good but harm is being done in the process.  Did
anyone hear the story where they went in to a mink farm in Salisbury MD
and turned all of the caged animals loose because they don't believe in
keeping animals caged?  What do you think FML'rs?  Harm or good?  How
bout all you rescues out there?  How would you feel if PETA showed up on
your doorstep, broke in and turned all the ferrets loose in the street?
Harm or good?

What has to be done is so simple, so why is it so complicated?
Commercial sales of animals as pets must be stopped.  What do we have
to do to make this happen?  Anybody?

Kim at SUMS