From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 1995 18:52:01 -0500
DAVE,

Concerning the calculation,  I used the figure of 9,000,000 ferrets being
alive in each year and the number of total rabies cases each year to get a 5
year sum of each - two rabid ferrets in 5 years divided by 45,000,000
possibilities for a ferret to have rabies in five years to get an average of
2/45,000,000.  I believe that is correct.  However, the way I'm feeling these
past few days I won't even guarantee my name.  My ferrets have decided that I
should know how sick they feel with their colds so they gave it to me <G>.
 My head feels and operates like it is stuffed with cotton.  Believe me I
don't mind being corrected - shows me at least someone was interested enough
to read my commets. <G>

Dick B.