From:
Rebecca Erven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 16:34:08 -0500
Hi, my name is Becky.  You probably don't remember me; I joined about
November, when I received two ferrets.  One of those ferrets, Waldo, is now
having problems urinating.  Sometimes he goes repeatedly, a little bit at a
time; other times he strains several times before it finally comes out.  My
vet has had him on 2 types of antibiotics.  First was amoxycillin (which he
loved, btw!); he was all better while he was on this, but once the round was
over he was back to having a problem.  Next my vet put him on Cefa-drops;
these helped a little bit, but he never compeletely was better like before.

Waldo's been x-rayed for stones or blockages, and there wasn't anything
there.  Now my vet wants to get a blood test to rule out adrenal disease.
My question is, how likely is this to be adrenal disease if this and
aggressiveness are the only symptoms he has?  Has anyone encountered
something like this before?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!
Becky

Indy - Run Run Run - "Pick me up mom, I wanna cuddle."
Waldo - Waddle Bite Plop Munch