From:
David Frischling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Apr 2005 04:09:46 -0400
One of our five ferrets, Mr. chubs, he's recently found himself liking
coconuts as much as I do.

Sometimes we come home from the market with a few of those brown
coconuts, and if I do not put them in the fridge real quickly, and I get
my attention diverted elsewhere (this happens easily enough, since our
five ferrets like to conspire against us!), chubs will steal these heavy
coconuts out of the plastic shopping bag and then try to roll them down
the stairs!

If this isn't odd enough, I went into my workshop in the basement
yesterday and found two coconuts in my lumber pile under the workbench.
These were old ones I didn't get to in time so I threw them away in the
trashcan in the other room in the basement.  To keep the trashcan clean,
I first put in these really big oversized trash bags that come out a
couple of feet higher than the trash can (the trash can is a normal
sized outdoor sized trash can).

Well, what mr chubs did was to actually MOVE an old milk crate across the
room so that it was adjacent to the trash can.  He then climbed it, and
scratched at the trash bag until he was able to get it to spill some of
its contents.  So, that's how he got two coconuts heavier than himself
out of the trashcan.  From there, he dragged them (they come wrapped in
plastic) over to the woodpile.

He's quite crazy.